Don't miss a story sign up to Sidmouth Herald's FREE daily newsletter CLICK HERE

Crews attend Ottery St Mary kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 10:58 21 April 2017

Archant

Fire fighters were called to an Ottery St Mary home after reports of a blaze in a kitchen yesterday afternoon (Thursday).

On arrival in Slade Close at 2.48pm, crews confirmed that all persons were accounted for but that the room was full of smoke.

Two fire fighters in breathing apparatus entered the home and confirmed that the fire had been caused by food that had been left unattended.

The crews made the kitchen safe and checked the area with a thermal-imaging camera.

A fire service spokesman said the cause of the fire was accidental.

A paramedic also attended to check over the occupant, who had inhaled some smoke.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Other News Stories

Sidmouth’s poppy collectors are celebrating a record breaking year after raising more than £19,300 for the Poppy Appeal in 2016. The helpers were recognised for their street collections and door-to-door sales at an event at the Balfour ahead of the start of this year’s collection.

Read more

Members of Ottery St Mary’s Twinning Association said a warm ‘willkommen’ to visitors from its twin town in Germany.

Read more
Yesterday, 17:30

Sidmouth’s first ever crime and safety roadshow promises to be a ‘one-stop shop’ for residents to get advice on staying safe in all walks of life.

Read more
Yesterday, 17:14

Workers wore wacky wigs as they backed the annual Stand up to Cancer campaign on Friday.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:18

Round up of the great wildlife pictures submitted for our photo challenge.

Read more
Yesterday, 15:15

Meet Ottery Carnival’s new Queen and princesses.

Read more
Yesterday, 14:10

A fun night was had by all at Ottery Carnival, can you spot yourself in our gallery?

Read more
Yesterday, 13:54

Archant - the publishers of your local newspaper - will be doing its bit to help demystify digital at this Thursday’s ‘East Devon Means Business’ event.

Read more
Yesterday, 11:11

Local photographers capture the power of the big storm.

Read more
Yesterday, 10:55

Youngsters in Tipton St John have received a boost to their wildlife project after receiving a hedgehog home for a local developer.

Read more

Local Weather

Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 15°C

min temp: 15°C

Most Read News

Useful Links

Family notices
Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Submit a Story
Buy Photos
Competitions
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Reader Travel

Family Notices 24

Read Online

Image
Read the Sidmouth Herald e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Local business directory

Devon's trusted business finder

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists


Find planning applications