Don't miss a story sign up to Sidmouth Herald's FREE daily newsletter CLICK HERE

Firefighters tackle Sidmouth pan blaze

14:36 18 August 2014

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a Sidmouth home that was caused by a pan that was left unattended on a cooker.

A crew from Totnes attended the scene in Manstone Mead at around 4.30pm on Saturday after alarms at the property sounded,

They removed the pan and ventilated the dwelling using a pressure ventilation fan.

“This was a small fire involving an unattended pan on a cooker hob,” said a fire service spokesman.

“There was moderate fire damage to the pan. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.”


Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Sidmouth Herald visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Sidmouth Herald staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Sidmouth Herald account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 16:30

An international fashion model has returned to his roots in website design to help Sidmouth businesses stay relevant online.

Read more
Yesterday, 15:28

Fears have been voiced for Sidmouth’s free public toilets as district bosses review their £800,000 cost in a bid to balance the books.

Read more
Yesterday, 11:30

Tenants will be kept updated every step of the way in a preliminary project to regenerate Port Royal, a new group has decided.

Read more
Yesterday, 06:02

Ethan, 16, a former student at The King’s School, Ottery St Mary, is named South West champion

Read more
Tue, 19:30

Sidmouth Surf Life Saving Club celebrated the achievements of its members and volunteers at an awards ceremony.

Read more
Tue, 16:02

Questions raised over case for cutting community hospital beds

Read more
Tue, 16:00

The clock is ticking for residents who want to have their say on a new pattern of council wards for East Devon District Council.

Read more
Tue, 14:38

EDDC countryside rangers organise activities for hundreds of pupils.

Read more
Tue, 11:02

Police warn trespassers to stay out of ‘dangerous’ site for their own safety

Read more
Tue, 11:00

The Rotary Club of Exeter Enterprise is holding a polio lunch in Topsham on Sunday, November 20, starting at 12.30pm for 1pm.

Read more

Local Weather



max temp: 15°C

min temp: 12°C

Most Read News

Useful Links

Family notices
Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Submit a Story
Buy Photos
Google Plus Page
Reader Travel

Family Notices 24

Read Online

Read the Sidmouth Herald e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Local business directory

Devon's trusted business finder

Show Job Lists

Find planning applications