Tuesday, November 26, 2013
THE district council has introduced a smart new service for residents who like to carry out their business on their mobile phones.
The authority launched an East Devon App – with a little help from Santa – at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre last Thursday before a Christmas-themed show.
It enables people to access various council services on their smartphone - with both iPhone and Android systems supported.
Since the app is a free gift to residents for Christmas and the new year, the council is using promotional cards wishing people an “Appy New Year”.
Through the app, residents can now:
• Complete ‘Report It’ forms to advise of fly-tipping, a missed collection or a dead animal;
• View times of waste and recycling collections and sign up for weekly reminders;
• Find useful places like recycling banks, car parks and public toilets;
• Check local food hygiene ratings;
• See local councillor contact details;
• View council contact information;
• Access council news stories;
• Read council tweets.
They will soon be able to view planning applications in their area.