Firefighters tackle Sidmouth pan blaze

Clarissa Place
Monday, August 18, 2014
2:36 PM

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a Sidmouth home that was caused by a pan that was left unattended on a cooker.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

A crew from Totnes attended the scene in Manstone Mead at around 4.30pm on Saturday after alarms at the property sounded,

They removed the pan and ventilated the dwelling using a pressure ventilation fan.

“This was a small fire involving an unattended pan on a cooker hob,” said a fire service spokesman.

“There was moderate fire damage to the pan. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.”

0 comments

Comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Sidmouth Herald visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Sidmouth Herald staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Sidmouth Herald account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Photo Orders
Letters
Competitions
Subscriptions
Join us on Facebook
View or book a notice

Join our newsletter