Friday, February 1, 2013
HOT food on a cooker inside a flat where the occupants had gone out sparked a saucepan blaze scare in Sidmouth.
Firefighters from the town raced to a property in Sidford Road last Thursday, January 24.
Fumes from the grub in the pan set off an automatic fire alarm in the first-floor flat at around 12.10pm.
A fire service spokesperson said: “One appliance from Sidmouth was called to attend and on arrival found cooking fumes coming from a first-floor flat.
“Access was gained as no occupant was in the property at the time of the incident.
“The fire, which was out on arrival, involved a saucepan on the cooker in the first-floor kitchen. The crew ventilated the property and made the area safe.”