Vet’s warning after cat poisoned

Monday, August 18, 2014
1:01 PM

A Sidmouth vet is warning gardeners to take care with pesticides and insecticides after a cat died from a suspected poisoning.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Richard Jones, at Sidmouth Veterinary Practice, treated a cat called Angel after she was brought in salivating and looking disorientated.

He made the presumptive diagnosis that she had ingested a toxin and induced vomiting, but her condition continued to deteriorate and she died the next day.

“On the premise of it being a poison, the message is for people to only put animal-friendly insecticides or pesticides out or to only use them where animals can’t access them,” said Richard.

0 comments

Comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Sidmouth Herald visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Sidmouth Herald staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Sidmouth Herald account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Photo Orders
Letters
Competitions
Subscriptions
Join us on Facebook
View or book a notice

Join our newsletter