Vet’s warning after cat poisoned
13:01 18 August 2014
A Sidmouth vet is warning gardeners to take care with pesticides and insecticides after a cat died from a suspected poisoning.
Richard Jones, at Sidmouth Veterinary Practice, treated a cat called Angel after she was brought in salivating and looking disorientated.
He made the presumptive diagnosis that she had ingested a toxin and induced vomiting, but her condition continued to deteriorate and she died the next day.
“On the premise of it being a poison, the message is for people to only put animal-friendly insecticides or pesticides out or to only use them where animals can’t access them,” said Richard.