100 thank yous
SIR - I would like to take this opportunity of saying thank you to all the people who sent cards and messages for my 100th birthday. There were over 30 people who remembered me in this way.
I would also like to express my gratitude to all those who came to my Halloween Folk Dance Reunion Party. It was so lovely to see so many people that I hadn’t seen for years. I’ve even been rediscovered by a lost cousin who saw the publicity for this event and has since visited me.
My especial thanks go to Andrew and June Mycroft of Honiton Folk Dance Club and the Amycrofters Folk Dance Band. They must have worked incredibly hard to gather together 38 members of the club I helped to found in 1950.
The evening was more than wonderful. The hall, stage and band were decked out for Halloween. Some guests came in Halloween garb and hats were available to add to the atmosphere. I could not believe it when I saw the decorated cake and I was delighted to blow out the candles. Andrew and June had even gathered together an exhibition of photographs and memorabilia from my 1950s club.
It was an absolutely perfect evening.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 6 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 7 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 8 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed