£800 for RAFA
I just want to say a sincere thank you to all who contributed and helped collect for the recent Royal Air Forces Association (RAFA) Battle of Britain Wings Appeal in Sidmouth.
The sum of £800 was collected in one morning – the highest amount for some years and a most welcome result considering the current difficult financial climate.
Where does the money go? You may well ask with so few remaining from World War Two.
However, our servicemen and women continue to risk their lives to protect our freedom and, whether serving or retired, sometimes need our help.
Much support has been needed for those returning injured and traumatised from Afghanistan.
‘Storybook Wings’ allows personnel deploying on operations to record bedtime stories for their children to hear while they are away.
These are two brief examples of the many ways in which the money is used. Consequently, all contributions are very much appreciated.
- 1 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 2 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 3 Help clean up Sidmouth as In Bloom judges' visit approaches
- 4 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 5 Otter Valley councillor welcomes inquiry into sewage discharges into rivers
- 6 Folk Festival gears up to bring Sidmouth to life with music
- 7 Injured pedestrian helped by lifeboat and lifeguard teams
- 8 Part of Donkey Sanctuary closed due to respiratory infection
- 9 Circus proposed for Sidmouth next year
- 10 Pixie Day returns to Ottery – Pictures
Locally, we rely on the support during our collection of our ATC squadron – 2019 (Sidmouth) Squadron – whose exemplary turnout and cheerful demeanour are a credit to the town.
This long established squadron continues to provide an exciting programme from its new premises at Stowford Rise, with much improved, state-of-the-art facilities.
The squadron always welcomes newcomers and, if you would like more information, please contact them by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wings Appeal Local Organiser