£800 for RAFA
I just want to say a sincere thank you to all who contributed and helped collect for the recent Royal Air Forces Association (RAFA) Battle of Britain Wings Appeal in Sidmouth.
The sum of £800 was collected in one morning – the highest amount for some years and a most welcome result considering the current difficult financial climate.
Where does the money go? You may well ask with so few remaining from World War Two.
However, our servicemen and women continue to risk their lives to protect our freedom and, whether serving or retired, sometimes need our help.
Much support has been needed for those returning injured and traumatised from Afghanistan.
You may also want to watch:
‘Storybook Wings’ allows personnel deploying on operations to record bedtime stories for their children to hear while they are away.
These are two brief examples of the many ways in which the money is used. Consequently, all contributions are very much appreciated.
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 10 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
Locally, we rely on the support during our collection of our ATC squadron – 2019 (Sidmouth) Squadron – whose exemplary turnout and cheerful demeanour are a credit to the town.
This long established squadron continues to provide an exciting programme from its new premises at Stowford Rise, with much improved, state-of-the-art facilities.
The squadron always welcomes newcomers and, if you would like more information, please contact them by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wings Appeal Local Organiser