A big thank you
On behalf of Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth, I would like to express our very grateful thanks and appreciation to Veronica Wood of Runnymede, 2 Orchard Close, Manor Road, Sidmouth, on opening up her beautiful gardens to the public on June 16 and 17 June to help us raise funds for Macmillan.
We had an abundance of homemade cakes and scones for which I would personally like to thank the Macmillan supporters and personal friends, for their generous donations. Also thanks to The Cheeseboard for their kind donation of Devonshire Clotted Cream.
Visitors over the two days were spoilt for choice!
An award-winning garden with their moon gates and very colourful selection of flowers and plants, both local people and visitors alike, of which there were many, thoroughly enjoyed sitting there in the peaceful and tranquil surroundings.
As a result �444 was raised for Macmillan which was a great end to a most enjoyable fundraising event.
You may also want to watch:
My thanks to everyone who helped over the two days.
- 1 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 5 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 6 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 7 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 10 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
Chairman Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth