A big thank you
On behalf of Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth, I would like to express our very grateful thanks and appreciation to Veronica Wood of Runnymede, 2 Orchard Close, Manor Road, Sidmouth, on opening up her beautiful gardens to the public on June 16 and 17 June to help us raise funds for Macmillan.
We had an abundance of homemade cakes and scones for which I would personally like to thank the Macmillan supporters and personal friends, for their generous donations. Also thanks to The Cheeseboard for their kind donation of Devonshire Clotted Cream.
Visitors over the two days were spoilt for choice!
An award-winning garden with their moon gates and very colourful selection of flowers and plants, both local people and visitors alike, of which there were many, thoroughly enjoyed sitting there in the peaceful and tranquil surroundings.
As a result �444 was raised for Macmillan which was a great end to a most enjoyable fundraising event.
You may also want to watch:
My thanks to everyone who helped over the two days.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
Chairman Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth