A big thank you
On behalf of Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth, I would like to express our very grateful thanks and appreciation to Veronica Wood of Runnymede, 2 Orchard Close, Manor Road, Sidmouth, on opening up her beautiful gardens to the public on June 16 and 17 June to help us raise funds for Macmillan.
We had an abundance of homemade cakes and scones for which I would personally like to thank the Macmillan supporters and personal friends, for their generous donations. Also thanks to The Cheeseboard for their kind donation of Devonshire Clotted Cream.
Visitors over the two days were spoilt for choice!
An award-winning garden with their moon gates and very colourful selection of flowers and plants, both local people and visitors alike, of which there were many, thoroughly enjoyed sitting there in the peaceful and tranquil surroundings.
As a result �444 was raised for Macmillan which was a great end to a most enjoyable fundraising event.
You may also want to watch:
My thanks to everyone who helped over the two days.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
Chairman Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth