A big thank you
On behalf of Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth, I would like to express our very grateful thanks and appreciation to Veronica Wood of Runnymede, 2 Orchard Close, Manor Road, Sidmouth, on opening up her beautiful gardens to the public on June 16 and 17 June to help us raise funds for Macmillan.
We had an abundance of homemade cakes and scones for which I would personally like to thank the Macmillan supporters and personal friends, for their generous donations. Also thanks to The Cheeseboard for their kind donation of Devonshire Clotted Cream.
Visitors over the two days were spoilt for choice!
An award-winning garden with their moon gates and very colourful selection of flowers and plants, both local people and visitors alike, of which there were many, thoroughly enjoyed sitting there in the peaceful and tranquil surroundings.
As a result �444 was raised for Macmillan which was a great end to a most enjoyable fundraising event.
You may also want to watch:
My thanks to everyone who helped over the two days.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
Chairman Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth