A bridge too far?
On a visit to Sidmouth two or three years ago I was led to believe that a pedestrian bridge was proposed to link Manor Road car park to Connaught Gardens. I thought this to be a magnificent idea.
My understanding was that the plans had been drawn up and the whole idea was being assessed by the local council with the view of giving this project planning permission.
I do believe that funds are available to finance the construction.
I was in Sidmouth a couple of weeks ago when this topic came up in conversation. Those I was speaking to knew about the project but thought this may have gone into the council’s ‘too hard’ basket.
Through your columns, can anybody let me know if this project is likely to go ahead and if so when?
You may also want to watch:
The summer is just round the corner and a pedestrian bridge would be an excellent addition to local facilities.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary