A bridge too far?
On a visit to Sidmouth two or three years ago I was led to believe that a pedestrian bridge was proposed to link Manor Road car park to Connaught Gardens. I thought this to be a magnificent idea.
My understanding was that the plans had been drawn up and the whole idea was being assessed by the local council with the view of giving this project planning permission.
I do believe that funds are available to finance the construction.
I was in Sidmouth a couple of weeks ago when this topic came up in conversation. Those I was speaking to knew about the project but thought this may have gone into the council’s ‘too hard’ basket.
Through your columns, can anybody let me know if this project is likely to go ahead and if so when?
The summer is just round the corner and a pedestrian bridge would be an excellent addition to local facilities.
- 1 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 2 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 3 Freezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 4 Support partnership shows looking after town's library is no 'fools' errand...
- 5 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 6 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 7 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 8 One arrest after fuel protests on M5 and A38 in Somerset and Devon
- 9 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 10 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show