A damp squib...
Sidmouth certainly celebrated the Tour of Britain cycle race in style – many congratulations to all involved.
However I was rather miffed to find the esplanade curiously quiet on Thursday night when we arrived in time to see the firework display.
This was advertised on the official programme to start at 10.30pm.
After chatting to some other small groups of people who were also waiting in anticipation, we were informed that the firework display had long gone and we had missed it.
We were left feeling like damp squibs!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home