A damp squib...
Sidmouth certainly celebrated the Tour of Britain cycle race in style – many congratulations to all involved.
However I was rather miffed to find the esplanade curiously quiet on Thursday night when we arrived in time to see the firework display.
This was advertised on the official programme to start at 10.30pm.
After chatting to some other small groups of people who were also waiting in anticipation, we were informed that the firework display had long gone and we had missed it.
We were left feeling like damp squibs!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again