A day to honour our armed forces
My dear friends, this is to advise you of a forthcoming event that is arranged for Armed Forces Day on Saturday, June 28.
On this day there will be a march through our town then a Drumhead service held on the Ham Green.
The parade will form up in the high street outside the Co-op at 11.40am and step off at noon with our town band leading the way, marching through the town on to the Ham Green.
I estimate that the march should take no more than 20 minutes.
The parade will form a hollow square under the direction of the parade marshal, the drum pile will already be positioned.
The service will be conducted by the Reverend Canon Dr Philip Bourne.
Near the end of the service there will be a Prelude to World War One, with two poems written and read by two students from the local college.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 7 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 8 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 9 Christmas Light Switch-Ons in East Devon's towns
- 10 Local care partnership set up for Devon to prepare for winter
After the service, local youth of our valley have organised some displays.
I would like to invite as many from our Sid Valley to attend and join with us; you will all be very welcome. Please support our Armed Forces Day. Semper fidelis.
Sidmouth Branch of the Royal British Legion