A day to honour our armed forces
My dear friends, this is to advise you of a forthcoming event that is arranged for Armed Forces Day on Saturday, June 28.
On this day there will be a march through our town then a Drumhead service held on the Ham Green.
The parade will form up in the high street outside the Co-op at 11.40am and step off at noon with our town band leading the way, marching through the town on to the Ham Green.
I estimate that the march should take no more than 20 minutes.
The parade will form a hollow square under the direction of the parade marshal, the drum pile will already be positioned.
The service will be conducted by the Reverend Canon Dr Philip Bourne.
Near the end of the service there will be a Prelude to World War One, with two poems written and read by two students from the local college.
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 3 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 4 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 5 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 6 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 7 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
- 8 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 9 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 10 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
After the service, local youth of our valley have organised some displays.
I would like to invite as many from our Sid Valley to attend and join with us; you will all be very welcome. Please support our Armed Forces Day. Semper fidelis.
Sidmouth Branch of the Royal British Legion