A day to honour our armed forces
My dear friends, this is to advise you of a forthcoming event that is arranged for Armed Forces Day on Saturday, June 28.
On this day there will be a march through our town then a Drumhead service held on the Ham Green.
The parade will form up in the high street outside the Co-op at 11.40am and step off at noon with our town band leading the way, marching through the town on to the Ham Green.
I estimate that the march should take no more than 20 minutes.
The parade will form a hollow square under the direction of the parade marshal, the drum pile will already be positioned.
You may also want to watch:
The service will be conducted by the Reverend Canon Dr Philip Bourne.
Near the end of the service there will be a Prelude to World War One, with two poems written and read by two students from the local college.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
After the service, local youth of our valley have organised some displays.
I would like to invite as many from our Sid Valley to attend and join with us; you will all be very welcome. Please support our Armed Forces Day. Semper fidelis.
Sidmouth Branch of the Royal British Legion