A different view
I was astonished to read of the furore which occurred at the other end of Woolbrook Rise, between the contractors re-surfacing the pavement and Mr Jim Baker.
The contractors gave fair warning that his hedge would have to be trimmed so that they could carry out repairs to the pavement. Mr Baker failed to have the work done by his gardener.
It was not surprising therefore, that his hedge was damaged and his outcry, in my view, is therefore groundless.
This “furore” is in stark contrast to what happened at my end of Woolbrook Rise where the contractors couldn’t have been more courteous and helpful.
They were extremely professional and were a credit to their firm. It is quite unjust to castigate the workers when the fault lay elsewhere.
You may also want to watch:
Woolbrook Rise, Sidmouth.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman