A different view
I was astonished to read of the furore which occurred at the other end of Woolbrook Rise, between the contractors re-surfacing the pavement and Mr Jim Baker.
The contractors gave fair warning that his hedge would have to be trimmed so that they could carry out repairs to the pavement. Mr Baker failed to have the work done by his gardener.
It was not surprising therefore, that his hedge was damaged and his outcry, in my view, is therefore groundless.
This “furore” is in stark contrast to what happened at my end of Woolbrook Rise where the contractors couldn’t have been more courteous and helpful.
They were extremely professional and were a credit to their firm. It is quite unjust to castigate the workers when the fault lay elsewhere.
You may also want to watch:
Woolbrook Rise, Sidmouth.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 4 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 5 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 8 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 9 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 10 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup