A great success
Sir - The Summer Fete and Car Boot Sale in aid of Sidmouth Victoria Hospital Comforts Fund took place on July 16 and was organised by Nigel Sharp and his team.
Wonderful support came from local business people, traders and individuals, who sponsored publicity, gave super prizes for the bumper raffle and the many people who so ably helped on the day.
We thank our MP, Hugo Swire, who opened the event and had brought a bottle of Claret to auction from David Cameron, who had signed its label.
Sideshows and competitions were fun and selling was brisk at the stalls and cream teas were an enjoyable conclusion.
The boost to the Comforts Fund was �4,700. It was intended to be our biggest event and far exceeded any expectations. The result strengthens our will to press on for the much-needed improvements we know Sidmouth deserves.
You may also want to watch:
The committee thanks everyone for their thoughtfulness and generosity for this outstanding achievement.
A day to remember.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Chairman, Sidmouth Hospital Comforts Fund