A great success
Sir - The Summer Fete and Car Boot Sale in aid of Sidmouth Victoria Hospital Comforts Fund took place on July 16 and was organised by Nigel Sharp and his team.
Wonderful support came from local business people, traders and individuals, who sponsored publicity, gave super prizes for the bumper raffle and the many people who so ably helped on the day.
We thank our MP, Hugo Swire, who opened the event and had brought a bottle of Claret to auction from David Cameron, who had signed its label.
Sideshows and competitions were fun and selling was brisk at the stalls and cream teas were an enjoyable conclusion.
The boost to the Comforts Fund was �4,700. It was intended to be our biggest event and far exceeded any expectations. The result strengthens our will to press on for the much-needed improvements we know Sidmouth deserves.
You may also want to watch:
The committee thanks everyone for their thoughtfulness and generosity for this outstanding achievement.
A day to remember.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
Chairman, Sidmouth Hospital Comforts Fund