A lick of paint?
It is pleasing that East Devon District Council’s plans to demolish the old Drill Hall on Sidmouth’s seafront have been shelved and that it will potentially be available for community use.
I do, however, have concerns with Alex Vick’s proposed very modern external appearance – which would seem completely out of place on Sidmouth’s historic seafront.
I urge the organisers of the redevelopment campaign to keep the exterior of the building as it is.
A simple coat of paint would do wonders for the building’s appearance. Preservation of the exterior would not of course affect development of the interior as proposed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary