A lick of paint?
It is pleasing that East Devon District Council’s plans to demolish the old Drill Hall on Sidmouth’s seafront have been shelved and that it will potentially be available for community use.
I do, however, have concerns with Alex Vick’s proposed very modern external appearance – which would seem completely out of place on Sidmouth’s historic seafront.
I urge the organisers of the redevelopment campaign to keep the exterior of the building as it is.
A simple coat of paint would do wonders for the building’s appearance. Preservation of the exterior would not of course affect development of the interior as proposed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses