A lick of paint?
It is pleasing that East Devon District Council’s plans to demolish the old Drill Hall on Sidmouth’s seafront have been shelved and that it will potentially be available for community use.
I do, however, have concerns with Alex Vick’s proposed very modern external appearance – which would seem completely out of place on Sidmouth’s historic seafront.
I urge the organisers of the redevelopment campaign to keep the exterior of the building as it is.
A simple coat of paint would do wonders for the building’s appearance. Preservation of the exterior would not of course affect development of the interior as proposed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of