A reputation, second to none!
SIR - It was with great regret that I read in the Herald of May 20 that the Health Centre was ranked as the “worst in East Devon”.
I was the Managing Director of H.E. Hansford of Honiton Ltd, the main contractor for the construction of the premises at the time and was privileged to have been awarded the contracts for building the Health Centre and the adjoining Library.
Time marches on and it now appears the Health Centre is in desperate need of updating to cope with current and future demands on its facilities.
I fully support the Practice Partners and its manager for seeking funding from the Local Authority and other sources for support towards the construction of new and adequate premises. Other new developments in Sidmouth have benefited from such donations and I, and many others, would welcome the Health Centre rebuild receiving such assistance.
The current practice has a high reputation, second to none, in the area and we need that to be maintained, which a new and adequate premises will provide.
I ask for great support for the new project so that we can all feel comfortable in the future knowing that our medical teams will be working from a safe base.
- 1 New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- 2 Ukraine refugee supporter Mukie opens community cafe
- 3 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 4 Sidmouth’s first Jazz Festival hits the right note
- 5 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 6 New direction and new chair at Vision Group for Sidmouth
- 7 The sky's the limit as parachute jump raises £2,426 for Hospiscare
- 8 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 9 Date set for Straitgate Quarry appeal hearing
- 10 Care home welcomes town council chairman during 'Wimbledon' afternoon
5 Harcombe Fields, Sidford