A reputation, second to none!
SIR - It was with great regret that I read in the Herald of May 20 that the Health Centre was ranked as the “worst in East Devon”.
I was the Managing Director of H.E. Hansford of Honiton Ltd, the main contractor for the construction of the premises at the time and was privileged to have been awarded the contracts for building the Health Centre and the adjoining Library.
Time marches on and it now appears the Health Centre is in desperate need of updating to cope with current and future demands on its facilities.
I fully support the Practice Partners and its manager for seeking funding from the Local Authority and other sources for support towards the construction of new and adequate premises. Other new developments in Sidmouth have benefited from such donations and I, and many others, would welcome the Health Centre rebuild receiving such assistance.
The current practice has a high reputation, second to none, in the area and we need that to be maintained, which a new and adequate premises will provide.
I ask for great support for the new project so that we can all feel comfortable in the future knowing that our medical teams will be working from a safe base.
- 1 Night-time fish thief makes daring raids on Otter Garden Centre pond
- 2 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 3 Exciting discovery as Sidmouth observatory reopens
- 4 Sidmouth on the climb while Otters rebuild
- 5 Litter pickers shocked by amount of waste in river Otter
- 6 Sidmouth Repair Cafe to hold first session of the New Year
- 7 'Stunning' donation made to Dream-A-Way by HMS Defender
- 8 'Generous' donations kept Sidmouth Lifeboat afloat in 2021
- 9 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
- 10 Mental health awareness and fundraising at Sidmouth
5 Harcombe Fields, Sidford