A reputation, second to none!
SIR - It was with great regret that I read in the Herald of May 20 that the Health Centre was ranked as the “worst in East Devon”.
I was the Managing Director of H.E. Hansford of Honiton Ltd, the main contractor for the construction of the premises at the time and was privileged to have been awarded the contracts for building the Health Centre and the adjoining Library.
Time marches on and it now appears the Health Centre is in desperate need of updating to cope with current and future demands on its facilities.
I fully support the Practice Partners and its manager for seeking funding from the Local Authority and other sources for support towards the construction of new and adequate premises. Other new developments in Sidmouth have benefited from such donations and I, and many others, would welcome the Health Centre rebuild receiving such assistance.
The current practice has a high reputation, second to none, in the area and we need that to be maintained, which a new and adequate premises will provide.
You may also want to watch:
I ask for great support for the new project so that we can all feel comfortable in the future knowing that our medical teams will be working from a safe base.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 7 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
5 Harcombe Fields, Sidford