A sensible idea
In reply to Julia Creeke’s letter in the Herald last week, I would like to support her suggestion of drainage at the top of the cliffs at Pennington Point.
Her knowledge and history of the Sea Defence Scheme and her information from the professor of geology make this scheme common sense.
We all realise that the cliffs are falling from the top and the cause that has speeded all this up has been the enormous amount of rain we have had over the last few months.
We also realise that we have to expect a certain amount of natural erosion.
We also know that something has to be done at Pennington Point to avoid the possibility of erosion that in a massive storm could put the town at risk of flooding.
You may also want to watch:
However, what we need now is action, not years of studies.
I hope the district council will take on board Miss Creeke’s ideas so that this very common sense suggestion is not overlooked by the Beach Management Board.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 10 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
Councillor Maggie Baldwin