A sensible idea
In reply to Julia Creeke’s letter in the Herald last week, I would like to support her suggestion of drainage at the top of the cliffs at Pennington Point.
Her knowledge and history of the Sea Defence Scheme and her information from the professor of geology make this scheme common sense.
We all realise that the cliffs are falling from the top and the cause that has speeded all this up has been the enormous amount of rain we have had over the last few months.
We also realise that we have to expect a certain amount of natural erosion.
We also know that something has to be done at Pennington Point to avoid the possibility of erosion that in a massive storm could put the town at risk of flooding.
You may also want to watch:
However, what we need now is action, not years of studies.
I hope the district council will take on board Miss Creeke’s ideas so that this very common sense suggestion is not overlooked by the Beach Management Board.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Councillor Maggie Baldwin