A truly rubbish weekend, all told
I FEEL it’s necessary to write to you after this weekend of hell. We started the evening with the noise from the boy racers speeding through the town centre.
The night finished with bawling and shouting until the early hours of Saturday, May 17, and Sunday, May 18, from 2am to 4am.
Whilst taking the dog for a walk on the following morning we had to dodge the broken bottles. It was heartbreaking to see the esplanade in such a state, and it wasn’t down to the seagulls for once – as the picture (above) clearly shows that the bin has been kicked over.
The hard work put in by the volunteers to clean the beach had been a total waste of time, as the litter had blown everywhere.
May I suggest that the bins are emptied in the evenings on a Friday and Saturday, as on the busy weekends they are always full, there is only one council worker on Sunday to clean up the mess.
You may also want to watch:
Town centre resident
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home