Amazed by report
Sir - Having just received the 2011 Annual Report from the Sid Vale Association (SVA), I have now read their brilliant report on the council’s Local Development Plan (LDP) for Sidmouth with total amazement!
1) SVA say that the LDP completely omits a town plan for Sidmouth, any proposals for Port Royal regeneration, no mention of what will happen to The Knowle estate, and absolutely no plan for traffic and transport.
2) SVA also claims that there is sufficient land to build 282 homes without even impinging on the AONB! These would be in addition to those which have already been given permission but are not yet built....
3) SVA point out that the Alexandria Industrial Estate is currently under-utilised and could provide employment for more than 200 people if properly developed and re-accessed on to Bulverton Road.
The impression one gets, having read this superb report, is that East Devon District Council is totally incapable of strategic planning; there is absolutely no need to even think about developing on the north side of the A3052 or of violating the AONB anywhere!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
Sid Road, Sidmouth