Another slant on plaque mystery
MADAM - Your article in last week s Herald concerning the missing club plaque is not a mystery. I came to live in Powys House when the flats were built in 1983.
MADAM - Your article in last week's Herald concerning the missing club plaque is not a mystery.
I came to live in Powys House when the flats were built in 1983. I remember when the Gardening Club asked if they could plant a tree in memory of their Club's founder when he died in 1984. Mrs Campbell Watson had opened her garden every year for the Gardeners' Club to have their annual show, so they felt they had a connection with Powys House garden.
Unfortunately, the tree died and was removed but the plaque was left.
You may also want to watch:
14 Powys House
All Saints Road
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council