Another slant on plaque mystery
MADAM - Your article in last week s Herald concerning the missing club plaque is not a mystery. I came to live in Powys House when the flats were built in 1983.
MADAM - Your article in last week's Herald concerning the missing club plaque is not a mystery.
I came to live in Powys House when the flats were built in 1983. I remember when the Gardening Club asked if they could plant a tree in memory of their Club's founder when he died in 1984. Mrs Campbell Watson had opened her garden every year for the Gardeners' Club to have their annual show, so they felt they had a connection with Powys House garden.
Unfortunately, the tree died and was removed but the plaque was left.
You may also want to watch:
14 Powys House
All Saints Road
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 9 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 10 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water