Another slant on plaque mystery
MADAM - Your article in last week s Herald concerning the missing club plaque is not a mystery. I came to live in Powys House when the flats were built in 1983.
MADAM - Your article in last week's Herald concerning the missing club plaque is not a mystery.
I came to live in Powys House when the flats were built in 1983. I remember when the Gardening Club asked if they could plant a tree in memory of their Club's founder when he died in 1984. Mrs Campbell Watson had opened her garden every year for the Gardeners' Club to have their annual show, so they felt they had a connection with Powys House garden.
Unfortunately, the tree died and was removed but the plaque was left.
You may also want to watch:
14 Powys House
All Saints Road
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 8 Ottery St Mary sadly lose a club legend
- 9 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 10 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett