Another slant on plaque mystery
MADAM - Your article in last week s Herald concerning the missing club plaque is not a mystery. I came to live in Powys House when the flats were built in 1983.
MADAM - Your article in last week's Herald concerning the missing club plaque is not a mystery.
I came to live in Powys House when the flats were built in 1983. I remember when the Gardening Club asked if they could plant a tree in memory of their Club's founder when he died in 1984. Mrs Campbell Watson had opened her garden every year for the Gardeners' Club to have their annual show, so they felt they had a connection with Powys House garden.
Unfortunately, the tree died and was removed but the plaque was left.
You may also want to watch:
14 Powys House
All Saints Road
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 5 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 6 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 7 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 10 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays