Any information on past barrister?
I enjoyed your photo of the 1960s FolkWeek flashback.
We visited Sidmouth on holiday in 1968 during FolkWeek; our children were eight and ten years old. All in all, a very enjoyable holiday – the family particularly remember the Irish dancing in Connaught Gardens.
Can the Herald remember in the records a Mr Harold Bumpas, a barrister who lived in Sidmouth in the 1920s?…1940s?
Aside from his legal work he bought and sold antique sculptures, even giving pieces to the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford. He also made sculptures – a hobby for himself.
Any help would be welcome.
G Barnes 89, Higher-Woolbrook Road,
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 7 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 8 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Rugby Round-Up from the East Devon region