Any information on past barrister?
I enjoyed your photo of the 1960s FolkWeek flashback.
We visited Sidmouth on holiday in 1968 during FolkWeek; our children were eight and ten years old. All in all, a very enjoyable holiday – the family particularly remember the Irish dancing in Connaught Gardens.
Can the Herald remember in the records a Mr Harold Bumpas, a barrister who lived in Sidmouth in the 1920s?…1940s?
Aside from his legal work he bought and sold antique sculptures, even giving pieces to the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford. He also made sculptures – a hobby for himself.
Any help would be welcome.
You may also want to watch:
G Barnes 89, Higher-Woolbrook Road,
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary