Any information on past barrister?
I enjoyed your photo of the 1960s FolkWeek flashback.
We visited Sidmouth on holiday in 1968 during FolkWeek; our children were eight and ten years old. All in all, a very enjoyable holiday – the family particularly remember the Irish dancing in Connaught Gardens.
Can the Herald remember in the records a Mr Harold Bumpas, a barrister who lived in Sidmouth in the 1920s?…1940s?
Aside from his legal work he bought and sold antique sculptures, even giving pieces to the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford. He also made sculptures – a hobby for himself.
Any help would be welcome.
You may also want to watch:
G Barnes 89, Higher-Woolbrook Road,
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles