Are they serious?
So Clyst House, Clyst St Mary, on the outskirts of Exeter, is now a contender for the “new” council offices.
Built for an insurance company in 1979-80, the premises are no newer than the Knowle offices which were purpose-built for East Devon District Council and which were completed in 1983.
What’s more, Clyst House is too large for EDDC’s needs, while the modern offices at Knowle offer almost all the space they require.
To quote a well-known tennis player: “You cannot be serious, man!”
What is even more striking, however, is the central importance EDDC gives to the business centre which looms large in every option it is considering.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses