Are they serious?
So Clyst House, Clyst St Mary, on the outskirts of Exeter, is now a contender for the “new” council offices.
Built for an insurance company in 1979-80, the premises are no newer than the Knowle offices which were purpose-built for East Devon District Council and which were completed in 1983.
What’s more, Clyst House is too large for EDDC’s needs, while the modern offices at Knowle offer almost all the space they require.
To quote a well-known tennis player: “You cannot be serious, man!”
What is even more striking, however, is the central importance EDDC gives to the business centre which looms large in every option it is considering.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 7 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary