Art exhibit plea
SIR - As much as I like the idea of developing art accessibility in our community I have to plead for the project not to be carried out in Church Lane.
It is a rare sight as it is, perhaps precisely because of its underused aspect.
I often walk through it and enjoy the quiet atmosphere that reigns there. Its plain brick wall offers the perfect view before entering Blackmore Gardens by the side gate - It is really like discovering a secret garden behind a slightly bleak exterior.
I truly would like to see the art go up in an area that is accessible to all as they go about their walks in and around Sidmouth, just, please, not in Church Lane. I also wish to add that this outdoor gallery would be fabulous for both locals and tourists, not just in order to attract tourists.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight