Art exhibit plea
SIR - As much as I like the idea of developing art accessibility in our community I have to plead for the project not to be carried out in Church Lane.
It is a rare sight as it is, perhaps precisely because of its underused aspect.
I often walk through it and enjoy the quiet atmosphere that reigns there. Its plain brick wall offers the perfect view before entering Blackmore Gardens by the side gate - It is really like discovering a secret garden behind a slightly bleak exterior.
I truly would like to see the art go up in an area that is accessible to all as they go about their walks in and around Sidmouth, just, please, not in Church Lane. I also wish to add that this outdoor gallery would be fabulous for both locals and tourists, not just in order to attract tourists.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 5 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 6 Tories' approach to councillor checks could fuel hysteria
- 7 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 8 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations
- 9 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay
- 10 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds