SIR - This is just to thank you for your lovely article on Nostalgia in your March 4 edition.
I attended the 90th anniversary of the Royal British Legion and, as I was leaving home for the event, I noticed the budding of my red camellia and I took some sprigs with me because I saw them as the start of new life and peace for our special warriors and told Marshall Weaver how I felt.
I was honoured that I was included in your special article; knowing in 2011 that my thoughts were the same as in 1921.
God Bless to all our brave soldiers and their families.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 10 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers