SIR - This is just to thank you for your lovely article on Nostalgia in your March 4 edition.
I attended the 90th anniversary of the Royal British Legion and, as I was leaving home for the event, I noticed the budding of my red camellia and I took some sprigs with me because I saw them as the start of new life and peace for our special warriors and told Marshall Weaver how I felt.
I was honoured that I was included in your special article; knowing in 2011 that my thoughts were the same as in 1921.
God Bless to all our brave soldiers and their families.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of