SIR - This is just to thank you for your lovely article on Nostalgia in your March 4 edition.
I attended the 90th anniversary of the Royal British Legion and, as I was leaving home for the event, I noticed the budding of my red camellia and I took some sprigs with me because I saw them as the start of new life and peace for our special warriors and told Marshall Weaver how I felt.
I was honoured that I was included in your special article; knowing in 2011 that my thoughts were the same as in 1921.
God Bless to all our brave soldiers and their families.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 5 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 6 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 10 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?