Association plea for members
SIR - As a local charity, many of your readers will already know something of the efforts of the Sid Vale Association, in the conservation of the Sid Valley, and on behalf of local residents.
We publish a newsletter twice a year, maintain the Sidmouth Museum service, care for fields and footpaths and contribute widely to local organisations through the Keith Owen Fund, etc. More information on our activities can be found on: www.sidvaleassociation.org.uk.
Anyone who has a concern for our heritage, the local environment, and the AONB, is welcome to join. The cost of Membership is low, but subscription rates will rise in January. Applications for Membership, received before December 31 2010, will be at the current rate of �20 for life; (or �30 for two persons at same address).
All who apply before December 31, can also buy two packets of local Countryside Walks (8 walks and maps in each), for the price of one packet, at �2.50. This offer is limited to new members. If you are unable to use the maps yourself they might make a suitable Christmas present! If you wish to take up this offer, just add �2.50 to your subscription cheque and enclose it with your Application Form.
In addition, new members will also receive a Voucher for a One Day Free Pass (worth �14) to visit one National Trust property, valid up to the end of the 2011.
You may also want to watch:
Application forms are obtainable from our membership secretary, (tel. 01395 519797) or from our website: www.sidvaleassocation.org.uk;
Handel Bennett (Revd.)
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 6 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Time to enjoy summer safely as restrictions lifts
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables