Back the practice
Plans for the new Sid Valley Health Centre have been given the go-ahead and, as reported in the Herald on Friday, December 13, will be up and running by April 2015.
This is a really positive development for the Sid Valley area and something to celebrate.
The Sid Valley Patient Participation Group has been involved with the practice partners while suitable land or premises for a new health centre has been sought.
Unfortunately, although planning permission has now been given for the new health centre and pharmacy, the practice has been refused permission for a new pharmacy by the pharmacy industry licensing body on the grounds that there are already enough pharmacies in Sidmouth.
While this may be the interpretation of the licensing body, the more important point is that, when a new health centre is built, it makes sense to provide as many facilities as possible on the same site in order to benefit patients.
We strongly support the idea that as a patient you should be able to see your GP and leave the premises with your medication.
The majority of all new health centres do now have the facility of an on-site pharmacy.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Churchyards are peaceful havens for wildlife
- 3 Well done to jubilee party organisers - lets hope the weather holds
- 4 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 5 Sidmouth sailors host national competition
- 6 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 7 Rock Choir fundraiser for Sidmouth's Admiral Nurse
- 8 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 9 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 10 The Queen;s Jubilee celebrations in Ottery and Phyllis Baxter
The practice will appeal against this decision, but it is important that this appeal is supported by patients.
If you would like a one-stop-shop at the new health centre, please show your support through the newspaper letters page or directly to the practice ‘comments form’ at http://www.sidvalleypractice.nhs.uk/contact_dlg1.aspx?p=L83067
Di Fuller on behalf of the
Patient Participation Group