Back the practice
Plans for the new Sid Valley Health Centre have been given the go-ahead and, as reported in the Herald on Friday, December 13, will be up and running by April 2015.
This is a really positive development for the Sid Valley area and something to celebrate.
The Sid Valley Patient Participation Group has been involved with the practice partners while suitable land or premises for a new health centre has been sought.
Unfortunately, although planning permission has now been given for the new health centre and pharmacy, the practice has been refused permission for a new pharmacy by the pharmacy industry licensing body on the grounds that there are already enough pharmacies in Sidmouth.
While this may be the interpretation of the licensing body, the more important point is that, when a new health centre is built, it makes sense to provide as many facilities as possible on the same site in order to benefit patients.
You may also want to watch:
We strongly support the idea that as a patient you should be able to see your GP and leave the premises with your medication.
The majority of all new health centres do now have the facility of an on-site pharmacy.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
The practice will appeal against this decision, but it is important that this appeal is supported by patients.
If you would like a one-stop-shop at the new health centre, please show your support through the newspaper letters page or directly to the practice ‘comments form’ at http://www.sidvalleypractice.nhs.uk/contact_dlg1.aspx?p=L83067
Di Fuller on behalf of the
Patient Participation Group