Bags of thanks!
I am writing to thank you and your readers for the support you’ve shown so far for the Devon British Heart Foundation shops’ Great British Bag-athon.
BHF shops are aiming to raise one million bags of unwanted things throughout the month of September, so we really need the Devon community to join in, have a clearout, and donate bags of unwanted things to local shops.
Taking part is easy – fill up one bag or many full with unwanted clothes, shoes, handbags, books, DVDs and homeware, and donate to your local BHF shop.
Every bag you fill makes a real difference in the fight for every heartbeat and could be worth £20 to the BHF – helping to fund life-saving research into fighting heart disease.
If you have lots of things to donate, why not take on a Bag-athon challenge and aim to raise anything from five, 10 or even 15 bags for Devon BHF shops?
You may also want to watch:
You can even ask friends and family to help you reach your target – the more you bag, the more researchers the BHF can fund and the more lives they can save.
There’s still time for everyone in Devon to get involved and raise bags for the Great British Bag-athon. Those unwanted heels can help give heart disease the boot. You can even book a free collection from your door by calling 0844 412 5000.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
For more information on the Great British Bag-athon visit bhf.org.uk/bagathon or pop into your local shop. Best wishes and good luck!
Area Manager for BHF shops