Bank is the issue
Please can you print this to put Mrs Lynette Talbot’s mind at rest?
As a Sidmothian, born in Sidmouth lived here all my life, there is nothing that makes me happier than to see Sidmouth at its best when Sidmouth in Bloom have done all their hard work.
I was not complaining about the planter at Exeter Cross – the point I was making is that you have a beautiful display on one side of the road and right opposite is the out of control bank. We have to look at the bank every day.
Going off on a tangant about vandals etc was a little bemusing. So I’m sorry if you took my letter as an attack on any voluntary work you do – it was not meant to read like that.
But when I work hard to keep my garden nice and the majority of neighbours do the same, why should we have to look at the eyesore of a bank each day.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'