Sir - As we live down in Glenisla Terrace, you can imagine how exciting the next few weeks are going to be for us.
Add to that the smart new play park and we already are a hub of activity.
However, I would like to reach out to the group of youths who were singing a compilation of Amy Winehouse songs at the full volume at 1.30am on Tuesday, whilst whizzing down the zip wire, followed by a five-part Lion King melange from the climbing wall. I got back to sleep at 5am. Luckily, I am a teacher so I’m on my summer holidays, otherwise I would have been up again by 6am.
Having no doubt been awakened by a much higher class of hooligan than usual, so classified by the total absence of swearing or arguing, we were dismayed to see the new park strewn with litter and debris this morning.
So please, have fun - that’s what all the hard work has been about - but look after our town and its residents!
You may also want to watch:
Mrs T Scott
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 10 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy