Sir - As we live down in Glenisla Terrace, you can imagine how exciting the next few weeks are going to be for us.
Add to that the smart new play park and we already are a hub of activity.
However, I would like to reach out to the group of youths who were singing a compilation of Amy Winehouse songs at the full volume at 1.30am on Tuesday, whilst whizzing down the zip wire, followed by a five-part Lion King melange from the climbing wall. I got back to sleep at 5am. Luckily, I am a teacher so I’m on my summer holidays, otherwise I would have been up again by 6am.
Having no doubt been awakened by a much higher class of hooligan than usual, so classified by the total absence of swearing or arguing, we were dismayed to see the new park strewn with litter and debris this morning.
So please, have fun - that’s what all the hard work has been about - but look after our town and its residents!
You may also want to watch:
Mrs T Scott
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 10 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season