Beach hut anger
I am more than dismayed and disgusted to find that Devon County Council has put parking bays opposite the row of beach-huts from Foxholes Caf� towards Orcombe Point.
Over the past few years, the situation of illegal parking, on the double yellow lines opposite the beach-huts, has caused the beach-hut occupants much distress.
Most beach-huts, in the country, are just that – they are on the beach, hence the name! Our relatives from Australia laughed and called ours a ‘road-hut’ when they visited it. Not only do the occupants have to put up with a busy road in front of their huts, but now also legally parked cars, obstructing the view that every beach-hut should have - that of the sea.
I cannot imagine what possessed the council to do such a thing, other than for monetary gain, and no thought to those that hire these particular beach huts at great expense each year.
There is already a very large number of empty huts in Exmouth, probably because they are over-priced for what they are.
You may also want to watch:
I would love East Devon District Council, which owns the beach-huts, or Devon County Council, to justify why they have allowed this to happen”.
Name and address supplied
- 1 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 2 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 4 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 5 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses