Beach hut anger
I am more than dismayed and disgusted to find that Devon County Council has put parking bays opposite the row of beach-huts from Foxholes Caf� towards Orcombe Point.
Over the past few years, the situation of illegal parking, on the double yellow lines opposite the beach-huts, has caused the beach-hut occupants much distress.
Most beach-huts, in the country, are just that – they are on the beach, hence the name! Our relatives from Australia laughed and called ours a ‘road-hut’ when they visited it. Not only do the occupants have to put up with a busy road in front of their huts, but now also legally parked cars, obstructing the view that every beach-hut should have - that of the sea.
I cannot imagine what possessed the council to do such a thing, other than for monetary gain, and no thought to those that hire these particular beach huts at great expense each year.
There is already a very large number of empty huts in Exmouth, probably because they are over-priced for what they are.
You may also want to watch:
I would love East Devon District Council, which owns the beach-huts, or Devon County Council, to justify why they have allowed this to happen”.
Name and address supplied
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98