I read the report (in the December 13 Sidmouth Herald) from the Sidmouth and Honiton Philatelic Society and noticed that Val Beeken thought that Concorde did not visit Devon.
Sorry, I must correct this.
Concorde did visit Devon. I was fortunate to be on this flight; especially as we flew over the QE2 which was moored in Torbay.
It was a memorable experience and I treasure my photographs, especially as we landed during an Exeter Air Show. What a homecoming!
It was a very sad day when production of this unique aircraft ceased.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs BJE Dean
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 4 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 5 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 6 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 7 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 8 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 9 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup
- 10 Wheels fall off for Tipton