I read the report (in the December 13 Sidmouth Herald) from the Sidmouth and Honiton Philatelic Society and noticed that Val Beeken thought that Concorde did not visit Devon.
Sorry, I must correct this.
Concorde did visit Devon. I was fortunate to be on this flight; especially as we flew over the QE2 which was moored in Torbay.
It was a memorable experience and I treasure my photographs, especially as we landed during an Exeter Air Show. What a homecoming!
It was a very sad day when production of this unique aircraft ceased.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs BJE Dean
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future