Beauty and the beast!
SIR - Am I alone in being angered on reading that three people have been given on-the-spot fines up at Sidford for exercising their dogs off the lead.
Our ghastly council. With one hand they destroy the environment by building on AONB land and other developments in the valley. On the other they don’t allow the basic right of exercise.
AONB means Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in case you didn’t know. Vastly more important than getting a bit of dog stuff on the knee.
Can someone tell me what is going on in the field up at Sidford? The only notice I have seen is the one that says “Keep Out. Danger. Weedkiller has been applied” and a picture of a skull.
You may also want to watch:
Livonia Road, Sidmouth
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view