Beauty and the beast!
SIR - Am I alone in being angered on reading that three people have been given on-the-spot fines up at Sidford for exercising their dogs off the lead.
Our ghastly council. With one hand they destroy the environment by building on AONB land and other developments in the valley. On the other they don’t allow the basic right of exercise.
AONB means Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in case you didn’t know. Vastly more important than getting a bit of dog stuff on the knee.
Can someone tell me what is going on in the field up at Sidford? The only notice I have seen is the one that says “Keep Out. Danger. Weedkiller has been applied” and a picture of a skull.
You may also want to watch:
Livonia Road, Sidmouth
- 1 Fire service warns against stockpiling petrol at home
- 2 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 Judges announced for town champions awards
- 6 Town's Morris dancers are looking for volunteers to step up
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Ocean Quest, Exmouth
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Devon
- 10 What a difference a ‘K’ makes