Beauty and the beast!
SIR - Am I alone in being angered on reading that three people have been given on-the-spot fines up at Sidford for exercising their dogs off the lead.
Our ghastly council. With one hand they destroy the environment by building on AONB land and other developments in the valley. On the other they don’t allow the basic right of exercise.
AONB means Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in case you didn’t know. Vastly more important than getting a bit of dog stuff on the knee.
Can someone tell me what is going on in the field up at Sidford? The only notice I have seen is the one that says “Keep Out. Danger. Weedkiller has been applied” and a picture of a skull.
Livonia Road, Sidmouth
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 6 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 7 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth