Beauty and the beast!
SIR - Am I alone in being angered on reading that three people have been given on-the-spot fines up at Sidford for exercising their dogs off the lead.
Our ghastly council. With one hand they destroy the environment by building on AONB land and other developments in the valley. On the other they don’t allow the basic right of exercise.
AONB means Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in case you didn’t know. Vastly more important than getting a bit of dog stuff on the knee.
Can someone tell me what is going on in the field up at Sidford? The only notice I have seen is the one that says “Keep Out. Danger. Weedkiller has been applied” and a picture of a skull.
You may also want to watch:
Livonia Road, Sidmouth
- 1 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 2 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 3 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 4 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 5 Smart mowing will create a corridor for small creatures
- 6 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 7 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to welcome world leaders to South West
- 10 Rob to serve up your top topping for your perfect pizza this month