SIR - The Byes is a beautiful space used by many to walk into town and, for hundreds of families with limited garden space in Sidmouth, recreation.
However, it is tainted by a very small percentage of the populous that really don’t seem to care about their surroundings.
I’m sure I am not the only one fed up with having to clean faeces off children’s shoes and bikes when we return from a stroll through the Byes, or stopping inquisitive babies sampling things they have discovered in the grass.
I’d like to think dog fouling is an isolated incident of distraction or mistake, but the regularity of findings is that this is not the case. Could those ‘irresponsible’ please bear in mind that this is a public area and children and families do use the green areas as much as the footpaths.
Please clean up after your animals.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 5 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 6 Peninsula League season could be over
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling