SIR - The Byes is a beautiful space used by many to walk into town and, for hundreds of families with limited garden space in Sidmouth, recreation.
However, it is tainted by a very small percentage of the populous that really don’t seem to care about their surroundings.
I’m sure I am not the only one fed up with having to clean faeces off children’s shoes and bikes when we return from a stroll through the Byes, or stopping inquisitive babies sampling things they have discovered in the grass.
I’d like to think dog fouling is an isolated incident of distraction or mistake, but the regularity of findings is that this is not the case. Could those ‘irresponsible’ please bear in mind that this is a public area and children and families do use the green areas as much as the footpaths.
Please clean up after your animals.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables