Better use of space
SIR - Re: The Knowle - I sat through the meeting on Friday and was impressed by the astute and well thought through defence against the plans by the residents of Sidmouth.
But it also seemed to me that there has not been a wider study and a variety of solutions suggested for the Knowle building problems.
The current working council organisation structure probably needs examination along with optimal use of space in the buildings. I’m sure there will be room to look at functions, department hierarchies and job descriptions since one often finds a growing ‘bulge’ of middle management.
Doubtless the space could be better used, with, for instance, a franchise given out for the running of the meeting room for conferences and weddings. Other space could be ‘let’ to paying organisations such as a vets practice, IT businesses or to other budgets such as doctors surgeries, libraries.
It seems to me that broader analysis of the problems will bring broader solutions for the good of Sidmouth population, quality employment within Sidmouth, the general business environment and council budgetary constraints.
You may also want to watch:
Lois Kelly, Sidmouth
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award