Big thank you
SIR - In November, I finally retired from the post of district nurse in the Sidmouth locality, after 33 years.
Through your paper, I would like to thank the following:
l All of the people I have worked with over the years, you all know who you are. I have enjoyed every working day (well, most of them anyway).
l Debbie, Liz and Rose, for their solid support.
l The GPs, for providing the buffet lunch on my last working day. It was much appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
l Karen and all of the health centre staff for giving me such a warm farewell.
l Rose, who worked so hard finding people who I have worked with over the years and invited them to join me on such a special day.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
l The Sidmouth Community Nursing Team, for so kindly treating my wife and myself to a meal in the evening.
l To all of the people who made a donation to the charity of my choice. The money will be given to Judith, at Sanaa House, High Street, Sidmouth for her African village school project.
But most of all, I would like to thank the people of Sidmouth who have welcomed me into their homes. It has been privilege.
Finally, a message to those lovely ladies at the enquiry desk; the co-ordinator has left the building.
68 Newlands Road, Sidmouth