Big thank you
SIR - In November, I finally retired from the post of district nurse in the Sidmouth locality, after 33 years.
Through your paper, I would like to thank the following:
l All of the people I have worked with over the years, you all know who you are. I have enjoyed every working day (well, most of them anyway).
l Debbie, Liz and Rose, for their solid support.
l The GPs, for providing the buffet lunch on my last working day. It was much appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
l Karen and all of the health centre staff for giving me such a warm farewell.
l Rose, who worked so hard finding people who I have worked with over the years and invited them to join me on such a special day.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
l The Sidmouth Community Nursing Team, for so kindly treating my wife and myself to a meal in the evening.
l To all of the people who made a donation to the charity of my choice. The money will be given to Judith, at Sanaa House, High Street, Sidmouth for her African village school project.
But most of all, I would like to thank the people of Sidmouth who have welcomed me into their homes. It has been privilege.
Finally, a message to those lovely ladies at the enquiry desk; the co-ordinator has left the building.
68 Newlands Road, Sidmouth