Big thank you
SIR - In November, I finally retired from the post of district nurse in the Sidmouth locality, after 33 years.
Through your paper, I would like to thank the following:
l All of the people I have worked with over the years, you all know who you are. I have enjoyed every working day (well, most of them anyway).
l Debbie, Liz and Rose, for their solid support.
l The GPs, for providing the buffet lunch on my last working day. It was much appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
l Karen and all of the health centre staff for giving me such a warm farewell.
l Rose, who worked so hard finding people who I have worked with over the years and invited them to join me on such a special day.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
l The Sidmouth Community Nursing Team, for so kindly treating my wife and myself to a meal in the evening.
l To all of the people who made a donation to the charity of my choice. The money will be given to Judith, at Sanaa House, High Street, Sidmouth for her African village school project.
But most of all, I would like to thank the people of Sidmouth who have welcomed me into their homes. It has been privilege.
Finally, a message to those lovely ladies at the enquiry desk; the co-ordinator has left the building.
68 Newlands Road, Sidmouth