Blooming good idea for town
A few weeks ago, I read in the Sidmouth Herald that ideas were needed for where to plant any more bulbs.
All the daffodils on Peak Hill by Connaught Gardens were a truly splendid sight, but they fade so quickly.
It would be lovely to see British bluebells to follow and then poppies and it would be brilliant to bring back British flowers to our England.
Where better to start, in Sidmouth, where tradition could begin.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 6 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 7 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 8 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed