Boilie bad show
Squabmoor Reservoir on Woodbury Common is in serious danger of being ruined ecologically and for fishing purposes.
The problem is the amount of boilies being thrown in for ground bait by the Bivvie boys (very serious, unenlightened carp fishermen).
Boilies are carp bait the size of marbles composed of various ingredients including fish meal.
The large amount of boilies introduced into the reservoir are slow to degrade and the water becomes sour and contaminated.
The fish can only eat a small percentage of the boilies.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 7 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary