Boilie bad show
Squabmoor Reservoir on Woodbury Common is in serious danger of being ruined ecologically and for fishing purposes.
The problem is the amount of boilies being thrown in for ground bait by the Bivvie boys (very serious, unenlightened carp fishermen).
Boilies are carp bait the size of marbles composed of various ingredients including fish meal.
The large amount of boilies introduced into the reservoir are slow to degrade and the water becomes sour and contaminated.
The fish can only eat a small percentage of the boilies.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon