SIR - Sidbury Bonfire & Fireworks Committee held their annual event in the grounds of Sidbury Manor on Saturday, November 5. The event was well-supported by over 3,000 spectators and local businesses who sponsored the event.
The event is run and organized by 30 committee members and helpers, who work tirelessly, without complaint, giving up their time for the benefit of charitable organisations.
Sir John and Lady Cave, who kindly gave their permission and support for the event, have requested that DecAid (Supporting our Troops and Personnel serving in Afghanistan) be a beneficiary of the event.
Further donations will be made to Sidbury Primary School (who made the Guys for the fire) St John’s Ambulance, who are always on hand at the event, and a further local charity to be decided by the committee.
I would like to express my sincere thanks to Alan Derryman of Home Farm, Sidbury, for his continued support of the event, the truly remarkable committee and their helpers and to all of the spectators and sponsors whose support has made the event such a success.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of Sidury Bonfire & Fireworks Committee
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 6 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award