SIR - Sidbury Bonfire & Fireworks Committee held their annual event in the grounds of Sidbury Manor on Saturday, November 5. The event was well-supported by over 3,000 spectators and local businesses who sponsored the event.
The event is run and organized by 30 committee members and helpers, who work tirelessly, without complaint, giving up their time for the benefit of charitable organisations.
Sir John and Lady Cave, who kindly gave their permission and support for the event, have requested that DecAid (Supporting our Troops and Personnel serving in Afghanistan) be a beneficiary of the event.
Further donations will be made to Sidbury Primary School (who made the Guys for the fire) St John’s Ambulance, who are always on hand at the event, and a further local charity to be decided by the committee.
I would like to express my sincere thanks to Alan Derryman of Home Farm, Sidbury, for his continued support of the event, the truly remarkable committee and their helpers and to all of the spectators and sponsors whose support has made the event such a success.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of Sidury Bonfire & Fireworks Committee
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses