Bowling us over
Please may I take this opportunity to reiterate the generosity shown by Sidmouth Bowling Club towards 1st Sid Vale Scout Group.
The group have always supported the movement, for which we are extremely grateful.
It is the support from community organisations such as the bowls which encourages progression within our group, something which we can constantly see – especially with the push for a new hut!
I would like to say just how grateful we are to the bowling club for their previous and current support, and for the opportunity they provided to myself and Barry during the visit to their club.
I too believe that it was a success – the effort that the club went to for us during our visit was exceptional, and the coaches were both informative and friendly.
We were made to feel extremely welcome during our visit, and we both agreed we’d learnt something new about the sport, which hopefully we can share with the young people within scouting in the near future.
- 1 Property of the Week: Windsor Mead, Sidford, Sidmouth
- 2 Lions coffee morning to help Ukrainian refugees
- 3 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
- 4 Mica Paris apologises to Sidmouth as festival concert is moved to following day
- 5 New town council chair sets out his aims
- 6 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 7 Business breakfast aims to link up local professionals
- 8 Art show and Jubilee party at Sidmouth's Oasis Cafe
- 9 Police appeal for gun owners to hand them in during firearms amnesty
- 10 Iain Burns photography talk, McColls future in Sidmouth and the rare sound of a cuckoo
Sidmouth Explorer Leader
1st Sid Vale Scout Group