Bowling us over
Please may I take this opportunity to reiterate the generosity shown by Sidmouth Bowling Club towards 1st Sid Vale Scout Group.
The group have always supported the movement, for which we are extremely grateful.
It is the support from community organisations such as the bowls which encourages progression within our group, something which we can constantly see – especially with the push for a new hut!
I would like to say just how grateful we are to the bowling club for their previous and current support, and for the opportunity they provided to myself and Barry during the visit to their club.
I too believe that it was a success – the effort that the club went to for us during our visit was exceptional, and the coaches were both informative and friendly.
You may also want to watch:
We were made to feel extremely welcome during our visit, and we both agreed we’d learnt something new about the sport, which hopefully we can share with the young people within scouting in the near future.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Sidmouth Explorer Leader
1st Sid Vale Scout Group