Bowling us over
Please may I take this opportunity to reiterate the generosity shown by Sidmouth Bowling Club towards 1st Sid Vale Scout Group.
The group have always supported the movement, for which we are extremely grateful.
It is the support from community organisations such as the bowls which encourages progression within our group, something which we can constantly see – especially with the push for a new hut!
I would like to say just how grateful we are to the bowling club for their previous and current support, and for the opportunity they provided to myself and Barry during the visit to their club.
I too believe that it was a success – the effort that the club went to for us during our visit was exceptional, and the coaches were both informative and friendly.
You may also want to watch:
We were made to feel extremely welcome during our visit, and we both agreed we’d learnt something new about the sport, which hopefully we can share with the young people within scouting in the near future.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
Sidmouth Explorer Leader
1st Sid Vale Scout Group