On a visit to Sidmouth two or three years ago I was led to believe that a pedestrian bridge was proposed to link Manor Road car park to Connaught Gardens. I thought this to be a magnificent idea.
My understanding was that the plans had been drawn up and the whole idea was being assessed by the local council with the view of giving this project planning permission. I do believe that funds are available to finance the construction.
I was in Sidmouth a couple of weeks ago when this topic came up in conversation.
Those I was speaking to knew about the project but thought this may have gone in to the council’s ‘too hard’ basket.
Through your columns can anybody let me know if this project is likely to go ahead, and if so, when?
The summer is just round the corner and a pedestrian bridge would be an excellent addition to local facilities.
- 1 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 2 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 3 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 4 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 5 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 6 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 7 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 8 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 9 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 10 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
Crowthorne, Berkshire EDITOR’S NOTE: Just by chance, we have an update on the bridge this week on page 14.