On a visit to Sidmouth two or three years ago I was led to believe that a pedestrian bridge was proposed to link Manor Road car park to Connaught Gardens. I thought this to be a magnificent idea.
My understanding was that the plans had been drawn up and the whole idea was being assessed by the local council with the view of giving this project planning permission. I do believe that funds are available to finance the construction.
I was in Sidmouth a couple of weeks ago when this topic came up in conversation.
Those I was speaking to knew about the project but thought this may have gone in to the council’s ‘too hard’ basket.
Through your columns can anybody let me know if this project is likely to go ahead, and if so, when?
You may also want to watch:
The summer is just round the corner and a pedestrian bridge would be an excellent addition to local facilities.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
Crowthorne, Berkshire EDITOR’S NOTE: Just by chance, we have an update on the bridge this week on page 14.