On a visit to Sidmouth two or three years ago I was led to believe that a pedestrian bridge was proposed to link Manor Road car park to Connaught Gardens. I thought this to be a magnificent idea.
My understanding was that the plans had been drawn up and the whole idea was being assessed by the local council with the view of giving this project planning permission. I do believe that funds are available to finance the construction.
I was in Sidmouth a couple of weeks ago when this topic came up in conversation.
Those I was speaking to knew about the project but thought this may have gone in to the council’s ‘too hard’ basket.
Through your columns can anybody let me know if this project is likely to go ahead, and if so, when?
You may also want to watch:
The summer is just round the corner and a pedestrian bridge would be an excellent addition to local facilities.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
Crowthorne, Berkshire EDITOR’S NOTE: Just by chance, we have an update on the bridge this week on page 14.