On a visit to Sidmouth two or three years ago I was led to believe that a pedestrian bridge was proposed to link Manor Road car park to Connaught Gardens. I thought this to be a magnificent idea.
My understanding was that the plans had been drawn up and the whole idea was being assessed by the local council with the view of giving this project planning permission. I do believe that funds are available to finance the construction.
I was in Sidmouth a couple of weeks ago when this topic came up in conversation.
Those I was speaking to knew about the project but thought this may have gone in to the council’s ‘too hard’ basket.
Through your columns can anybody let me know if this project is likely to go ahead, and if so, when?
You may also want to watch:
The summer is just round the corner and a pedestrian bridge would be an excellent addition to local facilities.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Crowthorne, Berkshire EDITOR’S NOTE: Just by chance, we have an update on the bridge this week on page 14.