Copy of a letter sent to East Devon District Council and Stowford Community Centre.
I am a resident who lives in Chambers Close, Sidmouth. The Stowford Community Centre is opposite my street and every day I have to look out on the most disgusting grounds, full of weeds, mud and dead bushes.
When the centre was built the residents were promised that the grounds would be landscaped and well cared for.
On two occasions I have approached the centre and was promised it would improve. However, this has not happened. The centre has never been a place of beauty. Surely, as Sidmouth Council is renowned for its love of trees and flowers, someone could make this area a place to be proud of?
Many people shop at Waitrose from outlying towns and villages and I dread to think what their impression is of Stowford Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Please can something be done? I am embarrassed to bring friends and family to this area and feel the residents have been misled by the committee who have not given us the centre we were promised!
Mrs CJ Ryan
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 What will you find in this year's butterfly count?
- 7 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 10 Young talent emerging in local cricket
Chambers Close, Sidmouth