Copy of a letter sent to East Devon District Council and Stowford Community Centre.
I am a resident who lives in Chambers Close, Sidmouth. The Stowford Community Centre is opposite my street and every day I have to look out on the most disgusting grounds, full of weeds, mud and dead bushes.
When the centre was built the residents were promised that the grounds would be landscaped and well cared for.
On two occasions I have approached the centre and was promised it would improve. However, this has not happened. The centre has never been a place of beauty. Surely, as Sidmouth Council is renowned for its love of trees and flowers, someone could make this area a place to be proud of?
Many people shop at Waitrose from outlying towns and villages and I dread to think what their impression is of Stowford Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Please can something be done? I am embarrassed to bring friends and family to this area and feel the residents have been misled by the committee who have not given us the centre we were promised!
Mrs CJ Ryan
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 6 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
Chambers Close, Sidmouth