Copy of a letter sent to East Devon District Council and Stowford Community Centre.
I am a resident who lives in Chambers Close, Sidmouth. The Stowford Community Centre is opposite my street and every day I have to look out on the most disgusting grounds, full of weeds, mud and dead bushes.
When the centre was built the residents were promised that the grounds would be landscaped and well cared for.
On two occasions I have approached the centre and was promised it would improve. However, this has not happened. The centre has never been a place of beauty. Surely, as Sidmouth Council is renowned for its love of trees and flowers, someone could make this area a place to be proud of?
Many people shop at Waitrose from outlying towns and villages and I dread to think what their impression is of Stowford Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Please can something be done? I am embarrassed to bring friends and family to this area and feel the residents have been misled by the committee who have not given us the centre we were promised!
Mrs CJ Ryan
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
Chambers Close, Sidmouth