With the Easter weekend almost upon us, plans for Sidmouth’s traditional hot cross bun distribution is hotting up.
The hot cross bun collection tins have already been distributed in the town so that the long-standing tradition of distributing Easter eggs, buns and oranges to local children age 12 years and under can be carried out again on the morning of Good Friday, April 6, 2012.
As always, the president and committee members of the Hot Cross Bun Fund would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all the local people who gave so generously to this worthwhile project.
Donations can, however, be sent to the fund treasurer, Mr N D Hillier, Saddlers Mead, Sid Road, Sidmouth, Devon EX10 9AQ.
As always, as secretary of the fund, I should like to thank the many people involved that make this event the success that it usually is.
For children age 12 years and under: Bedford Lawn Car Park, and if wet the St Johns Ambulance Hall, High Street.
The ceremony starts at 9am. Thank you.
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 3 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 4 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
A P Perram