With the Easter weekend almost upon us, plans for Sidmouth’s traditional hot cross bun distribution is hotting up.
The hot cross bun collection tins have already been distributed in the town so that the long-standing tradition of distributing Easter eggs, buns and oranges to local children age 12 years and under can be carried out again on the morning of Good Friday, April 6, 2012.
As always, the president and committee members of the Hot Cross Bun Fund would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all the local people who gave so generously to this worthwhile project.
Donations can, however, be sent to the fund treasurer, Mr N D Hillier, Saddlers Mead, Sid Road, Sidmouth, Devon EX10 9AQ.
As always, as secretary of the fund, I should like to thank the many people involved that make this event the success that it usually is.
You may also want to watch:
For children age 12 years and under: Bedford Lawn Car Park, and if wet the St Johns Ambulance Hall, High Street.
The ceremony starts at 9am. Thank you.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
A P Perram