With the Easter weekend almost upon us, plans for Sidmouth’s traditional hot cross bun distribution is hotting up.
The hot cross bun collection tins have already been distributed in the town so that the long-standing tradition of distributing Easter eggs, buns and oranges to local children age 12 years and under can be carried out again on the morning of Good Friday, April 6, 2012.
As always, the president and committee members of the Hot Cross Bun Fund would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all the local people who gave so generously to this worthwhile project.
Donations can, however, be sent to the fund treasurer, Mr N D Hillier, Saddlers Mead, Sid Road, Sidmouth, Devon EX10 9AQ.
As always, as secretary of the fund, I should like to thank the many people involved that make this event the success that it usually is.
You may also want to watch:
For children age 12 years and under: Bedford Lawn Car Park, and if wet the St Johns Ambulance Hall, High Street.
The ceremony starts at 9am. Thank you.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 5 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 6 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 7 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 8 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 9 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup
- 10 Wheels fall off for Tipton
A P Perram