SIR - As we are still talking about scams - and it appears there is no end to them - what about the scam of the mobile phone service providers!
This one is nothing like as pernicious as the others that have been publicised, but is very annoying if it happens to you.
If, for whatever reason, you have not used your mobile phone for some time - maybe as little as one month - when you come to use it, you find it will not connect.
The server, without any warning, has removed the connection. That, of itself, is bad enough, but also they have confiscated - ‘stolen’ would be a more appropriate description - any money that was outstanding as prepaid.
Does anyone know how to claim this back?
You may also want to watch:
4, Woolbrook Close, Sidmouth
- 1 Fire service warns against stockpiling petrol at home
- 2 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 Judges announced for town champions awards
- 6 Town's Morris dancers are looking for volunteers to step up
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Ocean Quest, Exmouth
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Devon
- 10 What a difference a ‘K’ makes