SIR - As we are still talking about scams - and it appears there is no end to them - what about the scam of the mobile phone service providers!
This one is nothing like as pernicious as the others that have been publicised, but is very annoying if it happens to you.
If, for whatever reason, you have not used your mobile phone for some time - maybe as little as one month - when you come to use it, you find it will not connect.
The server, without any warning, has removed the connection. That, of itself, is bad enough, but also they have confiscated - ‘stolen’ would be a more appropriate description - any money that was outstanding as prepaid.
Does anyone know how to claim this back?
You may also want to watch:
4, Woolbrook Close, Sidmouth
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 10 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories