SIR - As we are still talking about scams - and it appears there is no end to them - what about the scam of the mobile phone service providers!
This one is nothing like as pernicious as the others that have been publicised, but is very annoying if it happens to you.
If, for whatever reason, you have not used your mobile phone for some time - maybe as little as one month - when you come to use it, you find it will not connect.
The server, without any warning, has removed the connection. That, of itself, is bad enough, but also they have confiscated - ‘stolen’ would be a more appropriate description - any money that was outstanding as prepaid.
Does anyone know how to claim this back?
You may also want to watch:
4, Woolbrook Close, Sidmouth
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 3 Sidmouth defeat Boringdon in national competition
- 4 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 5 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 New youth project will help young people's voices to be heard
- 8 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 9 Communities encouraged to apply for rural building funds
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward