Can you help us?
I am writing to you from Hospiscare, a local charity looking after patients with a life-limiting illness in the Exeter, East and Mid Devon area.
We are currently desperate for volunteers in our Sidmouth charity shop and I was wondering if there was any chance of putting something in the Sidmouth Herald to advertise for them?
There are many charity shops in Sidmouth, all raising money for good causes and all competing for customers and volunteers.
Amongst them is the Hospiscare shop, which is competing for your pennies and pounds to support patients in the local area with a life-limiting illness.
It raises funds for patients in Sidmouth to support them with nurses, therapy, day care, transport and more.
You may also want to watch:
New manager Sarah is busy sorting donations that come through the door, restocking the shelves with summer dresses, teapots and cookery books, whilst having a good natter with the customers.
However enthusiastic Sarah might be, she only has one pair of hands and she could really do with some help to keep the busy shop going.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
Perhaps you have a couple of hours to spare each week to pop in and give Sarah a hand?
If you enjoy a good rummage, a good natter and want to help a good cause then it’s the place for you.
It’s a great way to meet new people, learn new skills and make a positive difference in your local community.
Call 01395 577133, email email@example.com or pop along to the shop at 1a Fore Street, Sidmouth, for more information.
Volunteering Support Officer