Can you help with river research?
sir - I am researching part of Sidmouth and looking for some help.
The area I am interested in is the River Sid from the weir, just up from Salcombe Road, to the ford, further south and west across what was once known as Merrifields and Radway Meadow, including the Mill by the Ford, the Mill Stream, the Poor House, G Gilkes & Co, the Iron Foundry and the people who worked or lived there, including millers, builders, tradespeople, land-owners, bailiffs etc.
If anyone has any relevant knowledge/material (documents, maps, photographs, drawings, books, postcards, schedules, lists etc) and wants to help, please could they contact me?
9 Barrington Mead
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses