Can you help with river research?
sir - I am researching part of Sidmouth and looking for some help.
The area I am interested in is the River Sid from the weir, just up from Salcombe Road, to the ford, further south and west across what was once known as Merrifields and Radway Meadow, including the Mill by the Ford, the Mill Stream, the Poor House, G Gilkes & Co, the Iron Foundry and the people who worked or lived there, including millers, builders, tradespeople, land-owners, bailiffs etc.
If anyone has any relevant knowledge/material (documents, maps, photographs, drawings, books, postcards, schedules, lists etc) and wants to help, please could they contact me?
9 Barrington Mead
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary