Can you help with river research?
sir - I am researching part of Sidmouth and looking for some help.
The area I am interested in is the River Sid from the weir, just up from Salcombe Road, to the ford, further south and west across what was once known as Merrifields and Radway Meadow, including the Mill by the Ford, the Mill Stream, the Poor House, G Gilkes & Co, the Iron Foundry and the people who worked or lived there, including millers, builders, tradespeople, land-owners, bailiffs etc.
If anyone has any relevant knowledge/material (documents, maps, photographs, drawings, books, postcards, schedules, lists etc) and wants to help, please could they contact me?
9 Barrington Mead
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again