Candle of Hope
SIR - This Christmas, World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) is offering your readers the chance to remember loved ones lost to cancer with a Candle of Hope pin badge.
The gold brooch symbolically lights the way to a future free from cancer as money raised from its sale funds essential scientific and educational cancer prevention programmes.
The candle emblem provides a reminder of a loved one, as well as hope for the future, by helping us raise awareness of cancer prevention. Scientists estimate that by making changes to the food we eat, increasing our amount of physical activity and maintaining a healthy weight, about a third of the most common cancers could be prevented.
To support our Candle of Hope appeal and receive your badge, please make a donation at www.wcrf-uk.org/candle or call our team on Freephone 0800 970 1461.
You may also want to watch:
General Manager, WCRF
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98