Candle of Hope
SIR - This Christmas, World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) is offering your readers the chance to remember loved ones lost to cancer with a Candle of Hope pin badge.
The gold brooch symbolically lights the way to a future free from cancer as money raised from its sale funds essential scientific and educational cancer prevention programmes.
The candle emblem provides a reminder of a loved one, as well as hope for the future, by helping us raise awareness of cancer prevention. Scientists estimate that by making changes to the food we eat, increasing our amount of physical activity and maintaining a healthy weight, about a third of the most common cancers could be prevented.
To support our Candle of Hope appeal and receive your badge, please make a donation at www.wcrf-uk.org/candle or call our team on Freephone 0800 970 1461.
You may also want to watch:
General Manager, WCRF
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit