Caribbean venue just not suitable
Further to your article regarding holding the Caribbean night on the Ham, as a local resident to the Ham, I can’t believe anybody would be considering this location.
It is stated up to 2000 people may attend - the local infrastructure could not cope with this.
On previous occasions when it was held at the Knowle, the level of noise could be heard all over the town. The Knowle is a much larger area, and allows the noise to dissipate. The Ham is a much smaller area, and the cliff face along the length of the river that abuts the Ham is in a very fragile condition; the high level of decibels that will be emitting from the night, will be rebounding off the cliff face, and could cause further damage to this fragile surface.
Please reconsider the location of this event.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 6 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 7 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 8 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary