SIR - Re: Planning application 12/1847/MOUT
Our objections to the above planning application are as follows:
1. This development would irreparably damage the whole concept of the approach into Sidmouth.
2. The increase in the traffic around Station Road and Knowle Drive would be much to the detriment of Sidmouth and residents of Knowle Drive.
3. The destruction of ancient trees and parkland, causing irreversible damage and impact on the environment.
You may also want to watch:
4. The existing Knowle offices are more than fit-for-purpose and could be improved if necessary. In comparison with council offices around the country it stands up very well.
It is absolutely shocking that this whole travesty has reached the planning application stage when the overwhelming majority of Sidmouth residents are against these plans.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
We are being treated in a cavalier fashion by EDDC, who are looking to go ahead with a totally unnecessary development.
This is purely developer’s greed aided and abetted by EDDC with an appalling misappropriation of authority.
M and J Nicholls
Knowle Drive, Sidmouth