SIR - Re: Planning application 12/1847/MOUT
Our objections to the above planning application are as follows:
1. This development would irreparably damage the whole concept of the approach into Sidmouth.
2. The increase in the traffic around Station Road and Knowle Drive would be much to the detriment of Sidmouth and residents of Knowle Drive.
3. The destruction of ancient trees and parkland, causing irreversible damage and impact on the environment.
You may also want to watch:
4. The existing Knowle offices are more than fit-for-purpose and could be improved if necessary. In comparison with council offices around the country it stands up very well.
It is absolutely shocking that this whole travesty has reached the planning application stage when the overwhelming majority of Sidmouth residents are against these plans.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
We are being treated in a cavalier fashion by EDDC, who are looking to go ahead with a totally unnecessary development.
This is purely developer’s greed aided and abetted by EDDC with an appalling misappropriation of authority.
M and J Nicholls
Knowle Drive, Sidmouth