SIR - Re: Planning application 12/1847/MOUT
Our objections to the above planning application are as follows:
1. This development would irreparably damage the whole concept of the approach into Sidmouth.
2. The increase in the traffic around Station Road and Knowle Drive would be much to the detriment of Sidmouth and residents of Knowle Drive.
3. The destruction of ancient trees and parkland, causing irreversible damage and impact on the environment.
You may also want to watch:
4. The existing Knowle offices are more than fit-for-purpose and could be improved if necessary. In comparison with council offices around the country it stands up very well.
It is absolutely shocking that this whole travesty has reached the planning application stage when the overwhelming majority of Sidmouth residents are against these plans.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
We are being treated in a cavalier fashion by EDDC, who are looking to go ahead with a totally unnecessary development.
This is purely developer’s greed aided and abetted by EDDC with an appalling misappropriation of authority.
M and J Nicholls
Knowle Drive, Sidmouth