SIR - Re: Planning application 12/1847/MOUT
Our objections to the above planning application are as follows:
1. This development would irreparably damage the whole concept of the approach into Sidmouth.
2. The increase in the traffic around Station Road and Knowle Drive would be much to the detriment of Sidmouth and residents of Knowle Drive.
3. The destruction of ancient trees and parkland, causing irreversible damage and impact on the environment.
You may also want to watch:
4. The existing Knowle offices are more than fit-for-purpose and could be improved if necessary. In comparison with council offices around the country it stands up very well.
It is absolutely shocking that this whole travesty has reached the planning application stage when the overwhelming majority of Sidmouth residents are against these plans.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 5 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hedges are 'valued for the huge benefits they bring for wildlife'
We are being treated in a cavalier fashion by EDDC, who are looking to go ahead with a totally unnecessary development.
This is purely developer’s greed aided and abetted by EDDC with an appalling misappropriation of authority.
M and J Nicholls
Knowle Drive, Sidmouth