Cemetery’s a mess
SIR - Once again the upkeep of Sidmouth cemetery has given cause for justifiable complaint as it has done on a number of occasions in the past.
Frequently, when the grass is cut, the cuttings are spread over memorials and headstones with no attempt to clear up after the use of a Flymo.
By contrast, the Exeter crematorium is always immaculate.
Perhaps this is not the right word, but it is a pleasure to visit there; a complete contrast to our local cemetery.
Alex G Mackintosh
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 5 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 6 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 7 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 8 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 9 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 10 Wheels fall off for Tipton