Cemetery’s a mess
SIR - Once again the upkeep of Sidmouth cemetery has given cause for justifiable complaint as it has done on a number of occasions in the past.
Frequently, when the grass is cut, the cuttings are spread over memorials and headstones with no attempt to clear up after the use of a Flymo.
By contrast, the Exeter crematorium is always immaculate.
Perhaps this is not the right word, but it is a pleasure to visit there; a complete contrast to our local cemetery.
Alex G Mackintosh
You may also want to watch:
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon